Today we release a new service included in all our plans - Domain parking. The parking service allows you to display simple web pages on your domain names. Contact form can be added optionally to the page.
The first version of the service includes four web templates:
- ClouDNS Affiliate - Simple web page which displays the text "This domain name is registered for one of our clients." and all links on the template point to your ClouDNS Affiliate link. Each new customer registered from your affiliate link will be linked to your account and you will receive lifetime commission for each payment made from this customer.
- Coming soon - Web page with title and text which you can enter. It can be used for new domain names, where the web sites are not yet released by you.
- Domain for sale - Template with simple text - your-domain.com is available for sale. It is a great choice with optional contact form, if you have domain names for sale.
- Simple cloud - Clean template where you can add title and message.
All templates have an optional contact form, which can be enabled, if you want to receive messages from visitors of your parked domain name.
Parked domain zones can be registered the same way as you register the primary or secondary domain zones. With the parked domain zones you are able to:
- configure title, description, keywords and contact form, which will be displayed on the chosen template
- add TXT, SPF and MX records, if you need to use e-mail with the domain name
- manage the SOA settings, if you want to configure custom e-mail or TTLs
- use Mail forwards, if you don't have mail server, but want to receive e-mails sent to mail boxes with your domain name
- add Cloud domains, if you need many domain names with the same settings and template
- use DNS statistics for detailed information on how many DNS requests are sent for your domain name to our DNS servers
- share the parked zone with your friends or coworkers
Please contact us, if you have any suggestions or recommendations for additional options, which you need for your parked zones.
Are you ready for the holidays? Christmas is coming and we want to give you special discounts!
DNS on SALE -20% for new and existing customers:
- Premium hosting starting from $1.60/month - www.cloudns.net/premium/
- DDoS Protected hosting starting from $3.95/month - www.cloudns.net/ddos-protected-plans/
Global TLD's on SALE - www.cloudns.net/domain-pricing-list/category/gtlds/
- .CO for only $9.95
- .ME for only $9.95
- .WS for only $9.95
- .MOBI for only $14.95
- .ORG for only $7.95
- .US for only $6.95
- .EU for only $5.95
- .ASIA for only $5.95
- .BIZ for only $5.95
- .IN for only $5.95
- .PW for only $5.95
New TLD's on Sale - www.cloudns.net/domain-pricing-list/category/new-tlds/
- .WEBSITE for only $9.99
- .DESI for only $9.99
- .PINK for only $11.99
- .RED for only $11.99
- .BLUE for only $11.99
- .BID for only $16.99
- .TRADE for only $16.99
- .WEBCAM for only $16.99
- .HOST for only $44.95
The promotion is valid until the end of December 2014.
We have released this week new HTTP API method for importing of records from external DNS server. More information can be found here: Records > Import via transfer
To address the newly-discovered SSLv3 security vulnerability disclosed in CVE 2014-3566 (the "POODLE" vulnerability), we have disabled SSLv3 on our web control panel and HTTP API.
If you experience problems connecting to these services over HTTPS, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.orgRegards,
From September 13th, 2014, 00:00 to September 15th, 2014, 9:00 the EURid Main Registry will be unavailable due to the complete reconstruction of its internal interface (extranet). During the downtime of the system, customers won't be able to register new .EU domains, renew their existing .EU domains, transfer domains or enter any changes (DNS, domain holder, generate AUTH-ID).
After the EURid registry shutdown some changes in registration of .EU domains will be deployed. Please pay attention to the new rules as described below:
After September 15th, 2014, the newly registered .EU domains will no longer expire at the end of month but rather at the end of their registration term, calculated in years starting on the registration date, i.e. expiry date = date of registration + number of years according to the customer's order.
Example: domain name abcdefg.eu will be registered on September 16th, 2014, for 1 year -> its expiration date will be calculated to September 16th, 2015.
Currently all .EU domains have their expiry date set to the end of a month, even for domains registered on the first day of a month.
Example: domain name abc.eu was registered on September 1st, 2014, for 1 year - according to the current rules of the EURid registry is its expiry date calculated to September 30th, 2015.
For all .EU domains registered with ClouDNS before September 15th, 2014, the expiry date will be left on the last day of the month in which the domain was registered.
For new .EU domains registered after September 15th, 2014, the expiry date will be set to the date of registration + number of years according to the order.
According to the new Terms and Conditions, the .EU domains may get into the "SUSPENDED" status. This status can be set directly by the EURid Main Registry in the following cases:- a domain becomes subject to a legal dispute,
- a domain is found as a source of a PHISHING attack without any evident attempt of the owner to solve the problem,
- the contact information of the domain owner is not up-to-date and the owner does not demonstrate any effort for settlement.
Domains in status SUSPENDED cannot be transferred to ClouDNS.
(Note - the contact details for .EU domains can be verified on www.eurid.eu. For adjustments, if necessary, contact the ClouDNS team via authorized ticket from the control panel, menu Support).
Automatic operation of the administration system for .EU domains should be restored on September 15th, 2015, at 09:00. However, technical problems in the Main Registry might occur, therefore we would like to ask our customers and sub registrars for patience during the deployment of the new platform.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.Regards,