To upgrade the ClouDNS WHMCS module to the latest version you need to:
Before you start:
Check the Change log to see what's new
1. Download the latest version of the module
You can download it from the ClouDNS WHMCS page
2. Make a backup of the modules/servers/cloudns
Copy the cloudns directory to your local device or to the server. If it's on the server rename it to, let say, cloudns-bck. In case something is wrong with the new version you can easily return to the previous one.
3. Extract the new version of the module from the archive
Better do it outside the modules folder to be sure it won't instantly overwrite the working module you have.
4. Configure the module
Open the new version of cloudns/cloudns_core/configuraiton.php and configure the Auth-id and Auth-password on lines 6 and 7. This is needed to authenticated by the ClouDNS API. Don't forget to check if there are any new options that need to be configured.
5. Make all changes you did to the module (if you did any) in the new version's file(s)
In case you did some changes to the module files you will have to make them in the new version of the files.
6. Replace the old folders and files with the new ones.
You can simply replace the old modules/servers/cloudns folder with the new one. This way you will be sure you didn't skip any files.
7. Make sure that all the DNS functionalities are working.
You will have to check if everything is working as expected and no functionality is broken for some reason.
Congrats, you successfully upgraded to the newest version!
Note: If you made any changes to the module they will be removed once you replace the folders, so make sure you made the changes to new version files before step 5.
If you are upgrading from version 1.4 or older:
1. You need to execute these two SQL queries. They will create 2 new columns in the `mod_cloudns_zones` and `tbldomains` tables of your WHMCS database.
ALTER TABLE `mod_cloudns_zones` ADD `fo_checks` INT(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 AFTER `name`;
ALTER TABLE `tbldomains` ADD `fo_checks` INT(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 AFTER `updated_at`;
They are needed for the DNS Failover to work for the default and the DNS for registered domains modes of the module
2. You need to move the file /path/to/whmcs/modules/servers/cloudns/cloudns_core/hooks/cloudns.php to /path/to/whmcs/includes/hooks/cloudns.php. It contains a new hook, that activates the DNS for Registered domains service when a domain is transfered successfuly to your WHMCS. This is only needed, if you are using the module in its Registered domains mode