In case you do not want to install any additional software (e.g Perl, PHP, etc.), but you still would like to use our Dynamic DNS feature, you can benefit from this script. It is using standard built-in Windows libraries with easy setup and no additional software. It creates a Scheduled Task, which executes updateIP.vbs every hour.
In order to use this script, please follow the steps below:
1. Download the zip archive from the Dynamic URL pop-up of your record, once you activate Dynamic URL. On the bottom, you will see a Windows Dynamic DNS link.
2. Once you download the archive, extract the files in a directory of your choice.
3. Navigate to the folder, where the files were extracted.
4. Double click on RUN-THIS-FILE.BAT.
5. That's it! Your Dynamic DNS configuration for Windows is now ready.
Note: In order to avoid any issues, please do not change the files location. If you do so, please execute RUN-THIS-FILE.BAT again and confirm with Y at the confirmation window.
If you would like to remove the Dynamic DNS script from your PC, just delete double click on REMOVE-TASK.BAT